Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Artichoke Angel Hair Pasta!
4 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves fresh garlic finely diced
1 cup finely diced Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup finely diced black olives
1/4 cup capers
1 small jar of Artichoke hearts, halved
1 package angel hair pasta
Saute garlic in olive oil until done.
Add tomatoes, olives, capers, and artichoke hearts. Saute until done.
Serve over pasta.
You can also add grilled chicken breast if you'd like. (But I will pass on any meat! haha)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup beet, puree
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pancake mix
1/4 cup grated apple
nonstick cooking spray
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
pure maple syrup (optional)
fresh fruit (optional)
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the water, ricotta cheese, beet puree, vanilla, and cinnamon.
2. Dump the cheese mixture into a medium bowl, add the pancake mix and apple. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix, you want the batter to be lumpy.
3. Coat a griddle with nonstick spray and heat to medium high. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil. Use 1/4 cup batter at a time and pour out pancakes. When you see bubbles start to form, it is time to flip the pancake. If the bottom is too brown, turn the heat down. It should take about 1 to 2 minutes per side!
4. Serve warm, garnish with maple syrup, fresh fruit, and powdered sugar.
ENJOY this tasty treat!
Looking forward to making them! :) Yummy!
JOHNNY CARINO’S STUFFED MUSHROOMS
1/8 cup Chopped Garlic
4 cups Chopped Spinach
2/3 cup Diced Red Onion
2/3 cup Shredded Asiago Cheese
1/2 cup Romano Cheese
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Black Ground Pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp. Sauté Spice (equal parts salt, pepper, and garlic salt)
1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Easy Eggs
Large Mushroom Caps - Stem Removed
4 oz. Lemon Basil Cream Sauce
1/8 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, Julienne
1 Tbsp. Parmesan Parsley mix
1. In a large metal mixing bowl, combine ingredients, except the mushroom caps.
2. Fold together all ingredients well, until mixture begins to form into a single mass.
3. Place approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixtures into each cap.
4. Place stuffed mushrooms caps on sheet pan stuffing side up
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, remove and cool immediately.
6. Ladle heated Cream Sauce over mushrooms.
7. Top with diced Roma Tomatoes and sprinkle with fresh Basil strips.
8. Garnish with parmesan parsley mix and basil.
YIELD approximately 65 each
Saturday, September 25, 2010
When I went to see my sister, she shared this recipe.....yummy and they freeze well!
Baked Blueberry Pancakes
Prep/Total Time: 20 minutes
2 cup pancake mix
1 ½ cup fat-free milk
1 Tbsp. Canola oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Butter & maple syrup
In a large bowl combine the pancake mix, milk, egg, oil, and cinnamon, just until blended. (batter will be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
Spread into a greased 15x10x1 in. baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup. Yield 6 servings.
*if using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter……
*I am thinking about making raspberr ones next time..... :)
Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
3 cups peeled and shredded zucchini
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tsp lemon extract (optional, which I used)
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
zest of 1 lemon
2 cups blueberries (I only used 1 1/2 cups)
Beat zucchini, sugar, eggs, oil, and lemon extract. Sift together dry ingredients and stir in with lemon zest. Fold in the blueberries gently. Pour into a well greased and floured Bundt cake pan. Bake at 325 for about 65 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in pan for 5-10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack. Cool completely and frost with lemon cream cheese frosting.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
3 Tbsp soft butter
3 oz soft cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
zest of 1 lemon (2-3 tsp)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (approximately)
Beat butter and cream cheese till smooth. Add powdered sugar, salt, zest, and enough lemon juice to make a spreadable consistency.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
4 cups boiling water
1 large cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 large jello
Set up in fridge for 5 hours.
Then mix jello/pudding mixture with large container of cool whip with electric mixer.
Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy.
*If using raspberry jello - added fresh raspberries when mixing in cool whip
*If using peach jello - add mandarin oranges when mixing in cool whip.
*Do not use Grape....I don't know why, but that is what I was told??
*Be Creative :)
2 cups penne pasta (Ezekiel)
2 cups tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
8 large basil leaves
1 1/2 tablespoons dry roasted unsalted almonds finely chopped.
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Cook the pasta according to pkg. instructions. Set aside briefly. In a large mixing bowl or blender mix the tomato sauce, crushed red pepper, salt, basil, and almonds until smooth and combined. Place pasta in bowls and top with sacue & cheese, if using. Serve immediately