Tuesday, December 29, 2009

~Bowtie Pasta~


This is delicious! It is similar to Johnny Carino's Bowtie Festival. I had half and half in my fridge and didn't want to go get cream so I used it! It worked great and was healthier then using heavy cream! I halved the recipe for Spencer and I; it was plenty. I will add a few variations to the side:

1 oz. Melted butter

1 tsp. Chopped fresh garlic

1/8 cup Diced red onion (I used minced onions)

1/8 cup Diced cooked bacon

1/4 cup Diced Roma tomatoes (I used canned tomatoes and they were great!)

3 oz. Sliced cooked chicken

1 oz. Half and Half (I used Reed's Dairy) (Heavy (whipping) cream can be used)

3 oz. Alfredo sauce (recipe follows)

1/8 cup Mozzarella Cheese (If you would like you could use Asiago cheese instead)

1/2 tsp. Salt, pepper, and garlic salt

10 oz. Precooked bowtie pasta

ALFREDO SAUCE

1 quart Half and Half (Reed's Dairy) (Heavy whipping cream can be used)

1 cup Parmesan cheese

1 tbsp. Black pepper

1/4 cup 1% milk(2% or whole will work as well!)

Preparation

In a heated saute pan combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken, and spice mixture.

When onions begin to turn translucent, add half and half and mozzarella cheese.

Once cheese and half/half have reduced by half, add Alfredo sauce and bowtie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from fire. Allow to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce thicken. Top with Parmesan or mozzarella cheese! Include bread as a side! :)

To Make Alfredo Sauce:

Saute half/half, milk, and black pepper to a consistent boil. Remove cream mixture from heat and fold in parmesan cheese. Store completed sauce in refrigerator until use.

No comments:

Post a Comment