Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Italian Roll~




Last night for dinner we had this! I was in a hurry trying to get it out of the oven and on the table before I left for dance so the pictures aren't the greatest, but it would be hard to explain how to do it without pictures! I wish I would of taken one before I braided the roll? I will try and explain?

To make you will need a loaf of Rhodes frozen bread or you can make your own! I didn't have time yesterday to make my own! :( Then your favorite pizza toppings! Since I don't eat much meat ours are pretty simple, sauce, cheese, olives, Italian seasoning, and Spencer likes Pepperoni. Also you will need a couple egg whites. For my sauce I used Shirley J's pizza and pasta sauce with tomato sauce! Yummy! :)
1. Roll out dough into a rectangle. (at least 10-12 inches wide)
2. Place on a greased baking sheet; I used a cookie sheet.
3. Imagine dough in thirds; one third in center will be left to place filling, and the two sides will be cut to braid. Cut dough horizontal on long sides of rectangle about one inch wide. Leaving the center to place the pizza fillings! (DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?) I might need to make it again and take a picture??? Hopefully the picture below helps!
4. Place fillings in center! Sauce, cheese, etc.! :)
5. Starting at the top, fold one side then the opposite side. Continue until you have a braid!p.s. the girls helped me so we kindof had a mess and toppings everywhere!
6. Beat the egg whites and brush on braid.
7. If desired sprinkle top with Italian Seasoning!

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until brown! LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU ARE CONFUSED AND I NEED TO EXPLAIN BETTER?Sorry this picture really isn't good! I wanted to get one when it was baked and this is what I ended up with! No time to transfer into on to a pretty serving dish! :(

Enjoy! We had a yummy green salad with ours last night!

1 comment: