Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies ~

This is one of the recipes I use! These cookies are excellent! This makes a lot of cookies! Last night when I made these I just did half a batch! Also, if you do not have unsalted butter, just use salted butter and omit the 1/2 tablespoon of salt! I don't normally had the pecans because the girls don't really love nuts! Before I cook these cookies I put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes! Yummy!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups dark brown sugar (light brown sugar will work)
2 cup white sugar
1 lb. unsalted butter
Cream the above ingredients well then add:
4 eggs
2 Tablespoons vanilla
Stir then add:
4 cups sifted flour (I usually add an extra 1/2 cup flour)
2 Tablespoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons baking soda
1/2 Tablespoon salt
Mix well then add:
4 cups scant oats (quick cooking)
24 oz. milk chocolate chips
8 oz. pecans, chopped (optional)

Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes! DO NOT OVERBAKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment