Monday, November 30, 2009

Gingerbread Houses!

Tonight for FHE we made Gingerbread houses! I, actually Spencer, HOT GLUED the houses together! I wanted them to be strong and hold up so the girls could decorate themselve! They knew it was hot glue and they couldn't eat it! I found a great frosting recipe on The Idea Room! It was had strong lemon taste, but my daughter loved it and kept eating it! :) Below is the Recipe and Pictures of my girls' artwork! ;)





Royal Icing Frosting




Makes 2 1/2 cups.




2 large egg whites, more to thin icing



4 cups confectioners' sugar, or more to thicken



1 lemon juiced, I used lemon juice





Directions:
Beat eggs white until stiff, but not dry. Add sugar and lemon juice; beat for 1 more minute. If icing is too thick, add more egg whites; if it is too thin add more sugar. This icing may be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment