Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Green Beans!

On Sunday we had family over for dinner! We did the traditionally roast and mashed potatoes! I found this recipe for green beans in my Clean Eating magazine! They were a big hit! I did change the recipe slightly from the original! This is how I did it! Yummy!

1 1/2 lb. green beans (I used frozen beans from our garden)
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 large shallots or onions
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
Juice 1/2 lemon
1/4 tsp sea salt
k1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add shallots/onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add beans and cook until warm. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and remove from heat. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment